Who can join?
Do you love swimming lengths and know you would probably swim further, faster, better and more often if you swam with a group? Then the Nanaimo Ebbtides Swim Club has a lane waiting for you!
We all remember feeling a little rusty and out of shape when we first started. It's surprising how quickly a little stroke correction, some friendly teamwork, and consistent practice can change how we view ourselves as swimmers. If you aren’t sure if this club is for you, come watch us swim or join us in the pool for a session so you can judge for yourself. Our workouts are broken up into swim sets ranging from 25 metres to 400 metres with stops in between. To give you an idea of how far we swim, here are the approximate distances we swim in an hour:
- lane 1 - 1600-2200 metres/hour
- lanes 2 and 3 - 2200-2800 metres/hour
- lanes 4 and 5 - 2800-3200 metres/hour
Don't be fooled! Swimming with the "Masters" simply means you are 19 years of age or older. Many of us are much, much older and still not masters in the art of swimming! But we keep coming back for more!
What you get?
- Our experienced coaching staff put together custom workouts
- Members receive a discount card for the Swim & Fitness shop at the NAC
- Members can borrow Swim DVD's for improving their swim technique.
- Club swimming lanes focus on friendly, fun, and encouraging camaraderie.
- Once or twice a year we put together an order for club gear (suits, caps, etc.)
- Ebbtides Swim caps are always available for purchase ($15). If you are new to the club, we have a cap waiting for you when you register for your first session!
When do we start?
Our 2022/23 swim season begins at the Kin Outdoor Pool in Bowen Park Wednesday, September 7 (7:45-8:45 am for the M-W morning swimmers and 7:00-8:00 pm for the evening swimmers). Saturday swimmers begin at the Kin Pool Saturday, September 10, 10:00-11:30 am. We will be moving back to the Nanaimo Aquatic Centre Monday, September 26 after the fall cleanup/shutdown is completed.
Registration for returning members will open August 15, 2022. For new members, registration will open August 22, 2022.